With the hope of spring around the corner, it’s important to get your motorcycle bike prepared to ride, that way when it hits you are ready to ride.
Has your motorcycle been parked all winter? If so, you are probably eager to get it spring ready. Check out our list to get your motorcycle ready for your first spring ride!
Tips to get your motorcycle bike spring ready
- Remove the bike cover and clean it
- Check the battery terminal and clean it with baking soda and water
- Thoroughly wash your bike
- Check the oil and other lubricants
- Make sure all the cables are in good working order
- Check the tires for wear and tire pressure
- Make sure the battery is charged
- Check brake pads for wear and fluid level
- Polish and wax the chrome and painted components
- Use a leather cleaner on the leather components
- Make sure your signal lights are working
- Clean the inside and outside of your helmet
Another thing to keep in mind…
If you haven’t driven your motorcycle all winter, it would be a good idea to take your bike to a parking lot before you go on your first ride. This will give you the chance to practice your riding skills and make sure the bike is in good shape for the road and free of any mechanical issues. Keep in mind that there could still be salt and sand deposits on the road from winter road maintenance so drive carefully.