It’s something we don’t want to think about and hopefully never happens, but, it’s important you know what to do if you get into a motorcycle accident. Review our helpful checklist today!
If you have done everything possible to avoid getting into an accident, including taking the highly recommended government approved motorcycle courses, you’re on the right path. In addition, we’ve provided you with a helpful checklist to follow should you ever get into an accident.
It happened, you got into a motorcycle accident… now, what do you do?
We have provided you with a checklist to follow that includes the necessary steps you should take directly following an accident. Make sure you review this checklist carefully!
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident – The Checklist
- Take a breath, assess the situation, and get your bearings; then call 911.
- Make sure everybody involved in the accident is okay. If anyone is severely injured, don’t move them and wait for emergency services.
- If safe to do so, clear everyone from the road. If this is not possible, make sure traffic is stopped.
- Ensure there are no gasoline leaks if so try to get as far away from the wreck as possible.
- Exchange names, insurance company names, policy numbers, phone numbers, and licence plate numbers.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses as this helps to ensure the other party does not have any “convenient” memory lapses.
- Once you are home call your motorcycle insurance provider ASAP to advise accident details.