Packing for a motorcycle camping trip is a completely different ball-game! Don't worry, we've provided an outline of the most important things to keep in mind for your next moto camping trip!
3 Simple Tips You'll Use on Your Motorcycle Camping Trip
#1 Only Pack the Essentials
- Keeping your belongings to a minimum is key! Bring only what you need because there really won’t be room for much more on your motorcycle.
- If you are in need of extra space, try any one of the three luggage options that Jim Panhead speaks about here.
- Cooking your own meals over the fire while camping is an option, however, to save space when packing you can opt for eating your meals out at local restaurants.
#2 Be Prepared
- Whether you like to plan your routes ahead of time or just go with the flow, it is important to be prepared for different weather conditions.
- Fleece microfiber clothing might be your best bet as it keeps you cool while riding in the blazing sun but will also keep you warm on chilly nights.
- If you plan on going for a long ride to get to camp, read our tips for making long motorcycle rides more enjoyable.
#3 Stay Safe
- Make sure to inform your family and friends of where you are camping and tell them when you expect to be back home.
- Have your emergency contacts ready and easily available in your phone and/or wallet.
- Sign up to a tow or roadside assistance service as you never know what may happen on your way to the camping site.